Sendmail Error at Boot

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 27 07:28:40 UTC 2014

On 27/01/2014 03:19, Robert Simmons wrote:
> Why is this not part of the install?

Sendmail in base doesn't come configured to use TLS by default, although
the appropriate capabilities are compiled in to the binaries.

I've no idea why enabling TLS isn't the default -- seems like a
no-brainer in this day and age.  It would require generating a key and
(self-signed) cert on first startup after installation, much like the
way SSH keys are generated, but so long as the problems with startup
entropy availability have been satisfactorily sorted out (which I
believe they have) I can't see any huge problem with that.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.