awk programming question

dteske at FreeBSD.org dteske at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 23 21:05:19 UTC 2014

But that one is supported. Tested on 9.2-R and 10.0-R...

echo abbb | awk '{sub(/a?bbb/, ""); print}' # produces NULL output
echo bbb | awk '{sub(/a?bbb/, ""); print}' # similarly produces NULL output

Seems to be supported. But I'd really like to see {x,y} (the ? is equivalent
to {0,1}).
--
Devin