Newsreader issues

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun Jan 19 18:43:38 UTC 2014

El día Sunday, January 19, 2014 a las 07:27:50PM +0100, Julian H. Stacey escribió:

> Walter Hurry wrote:
> > I have been using the Pan newsreader for years, very happily.
> >
> > Unfortunately it won't compile on FreeBSD 10. I have raised a PR: 182203.
> >
> > In the meantime, two questions:
> >
> > Is there a workaround or patch available?
> >
> > If not, can anyone recommend a GUI reader for Usenet? I don't need
> > binaries, just text.
>
> I used /usr/ports/news/slrn many years back,

I'm used to use ports/news/nn for many*many years now. But, it is more
for vi minded people than for mouse users. Be warned :-)

	matthias
--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz, <guru at unixarea.de>, http://www.unixarea.de/ f: +49-170-4527211
UNIX since V7 on PDP-11, UNIX on mainframe since ESER 1055 (IBM /370)
UNIX on x86 since SVR4.2 UnixWare 2.1.2, FreeBSD since 2.2.5