looking for new netbook to replace EeePC 900

Waitman Gobble gobble.wa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 17:39:58 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 5:52 AM, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:

> El día Friday, January 10, 2014 a las 11:25:13AM -0200, Isma Tim escribió:
>
> > > I'm currently using as my netbook an EeePC 900 with FreeBSD 10-CURRENT,
> > > KDE4, Skype, ...
> > >
> > > I'm looking for a replacement of this which should match:
> > > - FreeBSD 10-CURRENT compatible
> > > - 2-4 GByte RAM
> > > - 20++ GByte SSD
> >
> > How much is it, in euros?
>
> I do not understand your question. The EeePC was in 2008 around 400
> euro; the replacement I asked for, I do not know.
>
>         matthias

Hi,

I've had good luck with Acer netbooks and FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT, the AMD
series. (looks like newest ones on their site are Intel based). But on the
netbooks i've tried I've swapped out the wireless card (those came with bc
based cards, replaced with Atheros ~ like 10 bucks) and swapped out the
drives for seagate hybrid.

--
Waitman Gobble
San Jose California USA