Call to undefined function filter_var()

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Wed Jan 8 21:23:57 UTC 2014

I'm getting this error when testing a script.  The odd thing is, the filter
extension is installed.

# find /usr/local/lib/php/ -name filter.so
/usr/local/lib/php/20100525/filter.so

# grep filter.so /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini
extension=filter.so

# pkg_info -r php5-filter-*
Information for php5-filter-5.4.23:

Depends on:
Dependency: expat-2.1.0
Dependency: perl5.14-5.14.4_4
Dependency: pcre-8.33
Dependency: db42-4.2.52_5
Dependency: libiconv-1.14_1
Dependency: libxml2-2.8.0_3
Dependency: gettext-0.18.3.1
Dependency: gdbm-1.11
Dependency: apr-1.4.8.1.5.3
Dependency: apache22-2.2.26
Dependency: php5-5.4.23

So why am I getting this error?  And how do I fix it?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst