Font smudges when libreoffice dependencies are installed

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 19:46:32 UTC 2014

On 01/01/2014 01:33, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 28 December 2013 04:45, David Demelier <demelier.david at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> When I install libreoffice, some fonts are also installed. I don't know
>> which ones, but it produces a lot of smudges in thunderbird and / or
>> firefox.
>
> You mean the screen artifacts where it's supposed to be rendering text?

Yes, but it also appears on firefox. Usually when I open a new tab all
the fonts in the page get smudged for some seconds and then it goes
normal again.

It's a bit annoying, I've read somewhere that the hardware acceleration
may the problem, but it's disabled..

It *only* appears with Thunderbird and Firefox.

A friend of mine has exactly the same problem, we never found any solution.

Regards and happy new year :-).