passwdqc or some other command line password strength checker

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Tue Feb 25 21:37:54 UTC 2014

The passwdqc program does not seem to be included in the ports, only the pam_passwdqc module is installed. Is there a way to run passwdqc, or any other reasonable password strength program, from the command line? I haven’t found one in the ports list, though it would be easy to have missed one if it’s there. I’ve tried the openbsd versioin of pwdqc, but couldn’t get it to compile.