slowdown because of gettimeofday change between 9.2 and 10?
k.oikonomou at att.net
Sat Feb 22 16:44:45 UTC 2014
I did some more work on this. Here is some additional info:
1) The ntpdate suggestion doesn't seem to work. (By the way, the ntpd
man page says that it's equivalent to running ntpd with the "-q" option).
The reason is that in my case the problem doesn't occur just at start
up. The calls to gettimeofday go on all the time.
I even killed the ntpd daemon, and the calls still went on.
2) I checked on another system which runs the same application, but
under 9.2. It turns out that the application issues the same calls to
gettimeofday, also on a continuous basis, and, furthermore the numbers
of calls on the two systems over a period of 15 seconds are almost the same.
So there must be some other difference between 9.2 and 10.0 that causes
On 02/21/2014 18:50, Kostas Oikonomou wrote:
More information about the freebsd-questions