portmaster not updating ports with new pkg

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 21:11:23 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Feb 2014, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>
>>> portmaster works for me the same as it always did.  Did you add
>>> WITH_PKGNG=yes to make.conf?
>>

>> Isn't this done automagically?
>

> No.
>

>> How do I do this?  with ee as root?
>

> That will work, yes.

Now it appears to be churning :)
Thank you both Mario & Warren for your help.  I get the warning that

PACKAGESITE in pkg.conf is deprecated. Please create a repository
configuration file

But a site

http://networkedblogs.com/RurUw

states add the followng:

cp /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf.sample /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf

I shall try this advice and see if the warning goes away.

On 8.4-RELEASE is it advised to move to pkgng?  It will be EOL'd when?
 I have moved to pkgng on 9.2 machines, but for 8.4 it may not be
plausible?

Thanks for all your help.

Best Regards,

Antonio