security.jail.param.allow.socket_af=1

Frank Wißmann frank.wissmann41 at web.de
Mon Feb 17 00:55:34 UTC 2014

On 17.02.2014 00:37, Adam Vande More wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 5:15 PM, Frank Wißmann<frank.wissmann41 at web.de>wrote:
>
>> On 16.02.2014 22:15, alexus wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to change following and for whatever reason it won't allow me
>>> do so:
>>>
>>> root at fx:~ # sysctl security.jail.param.allow.socket_af=1
>>> security.jail.param.allow.socket_af: 0 ->   0
>>> root at fx:~ #
>>>
>>> any ideas?
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> Hi!
>> To change sysctls you have to place it in /etc/sysctl.conf.
>

> This is completely incorrect.
>

>> The manpages of sysctl and sysctl.conf will give you more hints about the
>> syntax. Then you need to reboot your system to take the changes effect.
>>

> Or you could just issue a /etc/rc.d/sysctl restart
>
> Greetings
>>
>> Frank
>>

> Regarding security.jail.param.allow.socket_af some sysctl's are only
> settable at boot time.  Try putting security.jail.param.allow.socket_af=1
> in /boot/loader.conf and rebooting to see what happens.

Aha! So I see I'm totally outdated. Learning never takes a stop. Thanks
for correcting me and excuse the noise.

Greetings

Frank

--
GU d- s:+ a+ C+>$ UBS>$ P L- !E--- W N+@ !o K--? !w--- O !M- !V- PS+ PE
Y? !PGP- t+ 5 X !R tv- b++ DI !D G e h+ r- y?

When pack meets pack in the jungle and no one will move from the trail
wait till the leaders have spoken. It may be fair words shall prevail.
(Rudyard Kipling)