converters/php55-iconv

dweimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Tue Feb 11 18:38:34 UTC 2014

On 02/11/2014 8:17 am, Dale Scott wrote:
>> Does anybody know if its possible to get the converters/php55-iconv
>> port
>> install on FreeBSD 10 without, installing converters/libiconv?
>
> Installed ok for me. I built php5 from ports in order to build the
> Apache
> module, then built php55-iconv from ports using php5-extensions.
>
> $ uname -a
> FreeBSD firefly.scc.local 10.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789:
> Fri
> Jan 17 01:46:25 UTC 2014
> root at snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
> $ pkg info | grep iconv
> php55-iconv-5.5.7              The iconv shared extension for php
> $

It does install, and work, however it also installed
converters/libiconv, after which devel/pear failed to build.  Also NUT
stopped working, at least it wouldn't load my UPS driver (powerpannel)
removing converters/php55-iconv and converters/libiconv fixed the pear
build issue, and rebuilding sysutils/nut without it installed resolved
its issue as well. (well actually I rebuilt all ports, NUT doesn't
require libiconv, but it uses gmake, which does).

I may have been hit by the order in which I installed things, having
some things using one iconv and the others another.  However a
portmaster -af failed to correct the issue until removing
converters/libiconv.

I did find out how to modify the lang/php55/Makefile.ext file to build
it without converters/libiconv, however there are some requirements in
the base iconv that are missing
<http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=341775> which
may cause some problems down the road.  So I am currently working on
building world with WITHOUT_ICONV in my /etc/src.conf to use the ports
iconv and libiconv.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer