VirtualBox 4.3.6 bridged interface host ip and guest ip bug or feature?

CeDeROM cederom at tlen.pl
Fri Feb 7 14:53:47 UTC 2014

Hello :-)

Is that normal that host interface MUST have IP assigned in order for
bridged interface inside virtual machine to work?

I wanted to have guest system access to a physical interface to test
some server, but I don't need to have IP assigned for host OS, but it
turned out that host OS needs to have IP assigned, otherwise guest
interface does not work in bridge mode... What if I really dont need
to use or dont have IP to assing for the host OS and I just need/can
use that address for a guest OS?

Is that a bug or feature? ;-) Ant hints appreciated :-)

Tomek