UFS(2) portable driver for other OS

CeDeROM cederom at tlen.pl
Thu Feb 6 14:21:14 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 3:14 PM, RW <rwmaillists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Feb 2014 14:02:57 +0100
>> # mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/da0s1 /mnt/tmp
>> mount: /dev/da0s1: Operation not supported by device
> Do you have sysutils/fusefs-ntfs installed?

Uhm, it was not installed, but, when installed I get the same error :-(

# mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/ada0s1 /mnt/tmp
mount: /dev/ada0s1: Operation not supported by device
root at mercury:~ # pkg info fusefs-ntfs
fusefs-ntfs-2012.1.15
Name           : fusefs-ntfs
Version        : 2012.1.15
Origin         : sysutils/fusefs-ntfs
Architecture   : freebsd:10:x86:64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : sysutils
Licenses       : GPLv2
Maintainer     : ports at FreeBSD.org
WWW            : http://www.tuxera.com/community/ntfs-3g-download/
Comment        : Mount NTFS partitions (read/write) and disk images
Options        :
LOCK           : on
UBLIO          : on
Shared Libs required:
libublio.so.1
libntfs-3g.so.83
libfuse.so.2
Shared Libs provided:
libntfs-3g.so.83
Flat size      : 1.57MiB
Description    :
The ntfs-3g driver is an open source, freely available read/write NTFS
driver, which provides safe and fast handling of the Windows XP, Windows
Server 2003 and Windows 2000 filesystems. Almost the full POSIX filesystem
functionality is supported, the major exceptions are changing the file
ownerships and the access rights.

WWW: http://www.tuxera.com/community/ntfs-3g-download/