Mounting zfs from a rescue shell

Andreas Davour koraq at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 3 12:33:58 UTC 2014

I've managed to screw up the /boot/device.hints file and would need to edit it. The problem is, I decided to go for the zfs option, and I'm not that used to that fs yet.

So, how do I mount my hd root having booted from a usb stick?

zfs mount needs a dataset name, and I have no idea what to use.

mount -t zfs /dev/ada0p2 /mnt tells me "No such file or directory" which makes me think there's another slice or something with layers in layers. But, which is that?

Anyone have any hints? Please cc this address, as I'm not subscribed to questions.

Thanks!

/andreas

--
"My son has spoken the truth, and he has sacrificed more than either the president of the United States or Peter King have ever in their political careers or their American lives. So how they choose to characterize him really doesn't carry that much weight with me." -- Edward Snowden's Father