CURRENT: Intel Haswell KMS support?

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Dec 31 20:02:43 UTC 2014

El día Wednesday, December 31, 2014 a las 08:30:11PM +0100, O. Hartmann escribió:

> I've already switched a bunch of  Haswell-based notebooks to a Linux system due to the
> lack of iGPU support. It is ridiculous to purchase outdated hardware (IvyBridge and less
> or outdated graphics hardware).

Is VESA an option for you until Haswell support comes up in FreeBSD? The
question is serious, because I'm on the way to install -HEAD in an Acer C720
cromebook with Haswell too.

As well I do run (just for tests) Xorg with VESA on my current netbook
Acer D250 (which has an old Intel chip) and I do not note any
difference.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
1989-2014: The Wall was torn down so that we go to war together again.