How do I print ....

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Dec 29 22:37:02 UTC 2014

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 08:52:59 -0600, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> [How do I print ....]
> .... pdf files which were created as portrait layout in landscape ? I
> normally pipe them through pdf2ps to lpr to print them. Pdf2ps is just a
> wrapper for ghostscript, I think (according to the man page). FreeBSD
> 9.3-RELEASE-p5, whatever lpr is current, I can't seem to determine lpr
> version. Any more info needed, just ask & TIA ....

You could use pdftk to preprocess the input PDF file,
then continue printing as usual:

	% pdftk in.pdf cat 1-endE output out.pdf

Sometimes programs capable of printing PDF files are
able to adjust the output format from default portrait
to landscape. Maybe acroread can do this.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany