poudriere fetch timeout?

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 24 10:21:18 UTC 2014

On 24/12/2014 00:09, Brian W. wrote:
> How long will it be till package builds happen nearly immediately after a
> commit change. It seems this is viewed optionally now and this is why folks
> are asking so many questions about this.

When the hardware fairies[*] come along and wave their magic wands over
all the racks and conjure up about as much compute capacity again as is
currently available to build packages with.  Unfortunately, unlike the
tooth fairy (who takes away teeth and leaves money in their place),
hardware fairies work the other way round.  They want a tidy heap of
currency first.  And unlike Santa's Elves who can deliver a world's
worth of presents faster than even the wildest wet dreams of an Amazon
executive, their magics take some time to brew, until there are properly
fettled servers happily chugging away building packages at all hours of
day and night.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

[*] I'm sure the FreeBSD Foundation guys who are actually *paying* for
the kit, and the clusteradmin guys who install and manage it all will
not mind my referring to them as such.

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.