Using Nokia Cell Phone or GSM Modem to send sms's

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Dec 22 13:35:37 UTC 2014

El día Monday, December 22, 2014 a las 09:55:03AM +0200, Godfrey Hamshire escribió:

> Using Nokia Cell Phone or GSM Modem to send sms's
>
> Dear Memeber
>
> I was wondering if anyone has had experience with connecting a 3g/gsm of
> the type you can find in Cell Phone Shops to freebsd or a old nokia
> symbian cell phone via its usb cable to freebsd.

In the past I used cellphones with RS232 interface acting like a
normal modem on this interface. There are AT-cmds defined to send SM and
do other stuff.  The principal spec is (was) GSM 07.07, IIRC.

HIH

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
1989-2014: The Wall was torn down so that we go to war together again.