pkg override HOW?

gabor at zahemszky.hu gabor at zahemszky.hu
Mon Dec 15 10:03:44 UTC 2014

Hi!

In man pkg-repository, there is a description, on how to use more
repositories,
and how to override the default precedence. The critical steps are:

1) install the package from the preferred repo with:

pkg install -r PreferredRepoName PACKAGEname

2) and after installation, make an annotation on that package with:

pkg annotate -A PACKAGEname repository PreferredRepoName

There are at least two problems with it:

a) The annotation halted with an error message:

"Cannot add annotation"

Because the package HAS the correct "repository" annotation - and every
package
has repository annotations - the packages, which was installed from
remote
has the "FreeBSD" tag, and the local-sourced package has the
local-repo-name.)

b) The bigger problem is that it doesn't work. It means: I have a local
package
(mail/faces), which has a default GTK-1.2 and GLIB-1.2 dependency. I
don't need
them (but faces), so I made a local package. Made the above steps, but
the
pkg update / upgrade commands updated it from the main FreeBSD
repository.

So what do I need to do, to make the package from my local repo is the
preferred package?

Thanks,

Zahemszky, Gábor < Gabor at Zahemszky dot HU >