FreeBSD BSD License 3 -> 2 Clause History

Shane Ambler BSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Mon Dec 15 07:58:09 UTC 2014

On 15/12/2014 14:00, grarpamp wrote:
> Can someone link to the threads discussing the historical
> proposed change from BSD 3-clause (modified BSD)
> to BSD 2-clause (FreeBSD) license? Thanks.

I don't know of any recorded discussions, I'd say that the wikipedia
page contains the most info with links to other resources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses

Also consider that changes have legal implications and most likely were
discussed privately with a lawyer rather than on any public email list
or forum.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler