"Maia Mailguard" web based control of apache/SpamAssassin

Ernie Luzar luzar722 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 08:12:28 UTC 2014

Janky Jay wrote:

> Hello Ernie,
>
> On 12/09/2014 09:21 PM, Ernie Luzar wrote:
>
>> Hello list;
>> Hosting sites have a cPanel application for remote control of their
>>
> clients hosted environments.
>
>> I am looking for a web based application for controlling my FreeBSD
>>
> host SpamAssassin email filter configuration.
>
>> In the FreeBSD ports collection I found "Maia Mailguard". From it's
>>
> description I sounds like just what I need.
>
>> All the FreeBSD install info for "Maia Mailguard" on the net is pre
>>
> 2011 and nothing after FreeBSD version 8.x.
>
>> Looking for a how-to using 10.x with postfix and pkg command.
>>
>> Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>     I'm the maintainer of the Maia-Mailguard port as well as the writer
> of the PHO "how-to". I am currently working on getting the PHO how-to
> much more up-to-date for the many, MANY changes that have happened
> between FBSD 8.X and 10.X as well as the plethora of changes in Maia,
> Postfix, Dovecot, SpamAssassin, etc... I'm hoping to have this done
> sometime in the very near future. However, I do not have a set date
> (sorry!).
>
>     Also, the guide/how-to will not be using "pkg" for the installation
> or maintenance. I will be using the ports tree for everything (I'm a
> source kind of guy...) However, I would think that much of it could be
> used with "pkg" provided there are ways to pull in and install with the
> correct options (Such as SSL/TLS, Postfix options for Dovecot, etc...)
> Hopefully this will be helpful to you when it is finished.
>
> Regards,
> Janky Jay, III

I am a long time qjail user and plan to run apache/php/Maia-Mailguard in
a jail and the complete
email world in another jail.
Do you foresee any  reason why this would not work?

My time frame for starting this is March of 2016 so I have plenty of
time before I would really need
an updated "how-to".

Thanks for your work on this port.
Ernie