switching from ports to pkg -- mailman group mismatch

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Fri Dec 5 01:14:51 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 04, 2014 at 03:22:42PM -0800, Darren Pilgrim wrote:
> On 12/4/2014 2:27 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >>
> > For most of hte questions here, I'm a linux user so I do not have
> > useful detail.  But for this one: Postfix provides a sendmail
> > program, although it might not install it in the same directory as
> > the real sendmail (I do not remember).
>
> It will, it's why it has a conflict with mail/sendmail* and others.
> What David may not have done is activate Postfix's sendmail program for
> mailwrapper (the thing that uses /etc/mail/mailer.conf to point at
> various bits of sendmail).

In fact, I had. I was, however, surprised to see that mailman even
*could* be built for MTAs other than postfix--at least this is what
the config options seem to suggest--as I had always understood mailman
to require postfix. (Might be a linuxism with pre-built packages.)

--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the