X related problems in 10.1

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 22:56:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

Since I upgraded my old laptop to 10.1 release I'm seeing some weird
behavior when I try to launch the X server (I use startx for this).

Sometimes, the screen goes blank and the error message in the log is:

config/hal: couldn't initialise context: unknown error (null)

Other times, fluxbox starts correctly but I don't have neither mouse
nor keyboard and the error message is this:

(EE) config/hal: couldn't find input device:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Disconnected (Connection was disconnected
before a reply was received)

But sometimes, the X server starts just fine.

I can post my xorg.conf if necessary.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.