Follow-up, appears SOLVED, re: wpa_supplicant questions

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Mon Aug 25 23:20:47 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Sorry, this doesn't appear properly threaded. I was on an unrelated
adventure that forced me to dredge messages out of the postfix queue
where they would have been permanently deferred. And I didn't quite
do this right.

I see messages explaining wpa_cli--excellent, I had not understood its
man page--and a port called wifimgr that I had not been aware of. Also
there was a message suggesting:

service wpa_supplicant restart wlan0

That I could pass an interface as an argument this way was something I
was unaware of.

I haven't had a chance to try any of these solutions (wifimgr may be
ideal) yet, but thanks!

--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the