-> 10.0, missing GEOM_GELI?

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 25 19:54:39 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 10:39:40AM -0700, Michael Sierchio wrote:
> perhaps there's another way to do this, but the old kernconf directive
> to enable GELI was
>
> options        GEOM_GELI
>
> which yields this when trying to compile a custom kernel
>
> NUFED: unknown option "GEOM_GELI"
>
> The /etc/rc.d scripts seems to know what to do with the /dev/blah.eli
> directive in /etc/fstab. How do I get this into the kernel?

You don't need to have it in the kernel. For the GENERIC kernel, geom_eli is
built as a module which is automatically loaded (by the rc script) if an
encrypted device is found in /etc/fstab.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith                                   http://rsmith.home.xs4all.nl/
pgp: 5753 3324 1661 B0FE 8D93  FCED 40F6 D5DC A38A 33E0 (keyID: A38A33E0)