printcap configuration problem (if-MAPS 1/4)

Martin Alejandro Paredes Sanchez mapsware at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Aug 25 06:18:50 UTC 2014

El Sun, 24 Aug 2014 16:49:23 -0700
Martin Alejandro Paredes Sanchez <mapsware at prodigy.net.mx> escribió:
> El Tue, 19 Aug 2014 09:02:05 +0300
> Beeblebrox <zaphod at berentweb.com> escribió:
> >
> > * I need a filter where I can a) set HWresolution, and b) set pages
> > per sheet, like 4 pages of pdf file on one A4 sheet, landscape mode,
> > minimum or no margins between pages so as to minimize white space.

This can be accomplish using the next command

lpr -P lj2100 -Z 600dpi,nup=4,a4,landscape FileToPrint

In nUp printing, there are 2 type of margins

1.- around the whole page (The printer minimum margins on each edge)
2.- around each page on a sheet (nUpMargin in PostScript points)

lpr -P lj2100 -Z 600dpi,nup=4,a4,landscape,nupmargin=25 FileToPrint

HTH
Martin Paredes