updating ezjails with freebsd-update

doug at safeport.com doug at safeport.com
Sun Aug 24 04:19:11 UTC 2014

As anyone who had tried this know the -u and -U options on update do not work.
There is a post on the ejail mailing list that gives a roadmap. I am testing
this and will post results if there is any interest.

I trying to figure out this process I came across section 15.6 in the handbook.
My question is about establishing a loopback interface to keep the jail activity
off of the host. What is the impact of NOT doing this? There is no mention of
this in the jail man page. Is this an oversite?

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com
doug at safeport.com