small pc

Daniel Staal DStaal at usa.net
Thu Aug 21 19:32:14 UTC 2014

--As of August 20, 2014 11:08:50 AM -0400, Gardner Bell is alleged to have
said:

> I'm looking to replace some of my older machines that I use for dns,
> firewall, etc with low power alternatives. So far I've come across
> http://www.stealth.com/littlepc_480_fanless_multilan.htm but they seem to
> be a bit pricey and packed with more features than I truly need,
>
> Would anyone have some recommendations? Ideally it will have 2x GigE, COM
> port, 1U rack mountable, or a mini-pc form factor.

--As for the rest, it is mine.

I was going to recommend you take a look at <https://soekris.com/> as well;
I just retired a soekris box that had been doing the above running OpenBSD
for ~10 years.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.