no option to copy an email address in Firefox?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Aug 19 21:10:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 13:35:35 -0700, David Benfell wrote:
> When I right-click on an email address on my owncloud site, with the
> intent of copying the address to use in mutt (via an ssh session), it
> brings up an application dialog. If I hit cancel on the application
> dialog, I do not have the option to copy the email address.

You could try to use the edito buffer presemt in X (and
independent from Firefox and mutt): Select the text with
the left mouse button (or doubleclick at the address, it
should be selected now), then switch focus to the terminal
running mutt, and press the middle mouse button - the
selected text should now appear. Make sure that the cursor
is in the correct input field, usually there is no mouse
support for positioning the cursor prior to output. This
should work for ssh, as it "emulates keystrokes" and therefore
doesn't rely on ^C / ^V buffering.

Note: If you don't have a mouse with three buttons, but
a mouse wheel, press down the wheel. If your mouse has
only two buttons, press both.

I'm using this method regularly to copy text into and out
of different programs and windows. Needless to say, I have
a real 3-button mouse. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany