What Would Make Sudo Always Let one Execute a Command?

Jungle Boogie jungleboogie0 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 23:28:05 UTC 2014

Dear Martin,
From: Martin G. McCormick <martin at server1.shellworld.net>
Sent:  Mon, 18 Aug 2014 16:07:21 -0500
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Subject: What Would Make Sudo Always Let one Execute a Command?

> Sudo behaves as if the default timeout in sudoers was set to -1.
> Out of 5 FreeBSD9 systems, this one system exhibits this
> behavior while all the others time out like they should. Setting
> the value to 0 should cause one to always have to enter a
> password, but not on this system.
> 	Has anyone ever seen this before? The sudoers file is a
> copy of the same sudoers file we use on the other machines. I
> have also tried sudo from a few other user ID's on the system
> and see the same behavior.

First, have you read Michael W. Lucas' book (if you haven't already):
https://www.michaelwlucas.com/nonfiction/sudo-mastery

Secondly, maybe you can add the user to a group so sudo is not needed for your
command.

Next, are you sure your sudo file doesn't have this uncommented:
# %wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

--
inum: 883510009027723
sip: jungleboogie at sip2sip.info