solid state drives?

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Mon Aug 18 17:30:17 UTC 2014

On 08/18/14 11:49, Robert Huff wrote:
>      I have been tasked with converting several systems - some unix
> (incl. FreeBSD), some Windows, to SSDs.
>      What I know about SSDs will fit on the head of a pin.
>      Can someone recommend a good primer and a trustworthy source for
> information on product specs and reliability?
>

>      Respectfully,
>

>                  Robert Huff

None of the SSD's are/will be as durable as spinning drives for writes
.... That said, the SLC type are more durable than MLC or TLC .... Also
more $$$$ & usually only available in smaller sizes. Good for a root
drive, i.e. mostly read-olny operations. Swap & everything else on
spinning platters ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III