pure X11, i.e. non-gnome/KDE/etc. desktop clocks ....

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Aug 18 14:21:59 UTC 2014

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 09:18:25 -0500, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

> I had a gnome-gdesklet clock app running on my old FC14 desktop box,
> gave a clock described as 'WWII RAF squadron wall clock'. There is a
> port of gnome-gdesklets clock (*gdesklets-clock-0.32_14
> <http://svnweb.FreeBSD.org/ports/head/x11-clocks/gdesklets-clock>) *....
> I am looking for something similar for the XFCE desktop, i.e. simple
> largish analog clock desktop app, *no* gnome/KDE/etc. .... anyone know
> if there is one available ?

How about the classic, xclock? Or oclock?

> I am searching ports on FreeBSD.org as I
> write this, but w/ 24K+ entries, it could be a while :-/ .... Can anyone
> save me some time here :-) ???? TIA

See /usr/ports/x11-clocks/oclock for more inspiration, there
are several clocks in this category which do not require you
to install a whole desktop environment just to see what time
it is. :-)

Additionally to xclock, I'm also using intclock to check the
time in other places of the world relevant for me.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany