Flash plugin ?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Aug 17 17:03:06 UTC 2014

On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 11:51:14 -0500, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> Already working in that direction ..... I got a few oddities when I did
> 'pkg install  opera-12.16_2 opera-linuxplugins-12.16', 3 pkgs failed
> their POST-INSTALL .... unfortunately I have lost the output, did a
> 'makewhatis -v' & washed it away ....

In such cases, try building from source:

	# cd /usr/ports/www/opera
	# make install
	# cd /usr/ports/www/opera-linuxplugins
	# make install

Again, make sure linproc is mounted (mentioned earlier).

The about:plugins page should then list the following:

	Plug-ins
	[J] Enable plug-ins

	Refresh plug-ins		[ ] Details

	> Shockwave Flash		Disable
	/usr/local/lib/npapi/symlinks/linux-opera/libflashplayer.so

Really - I didn't do more than what was written in the handbook
to get this working. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany