Putting my new FreeBSD 9.3 desktop online ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Fri Aug 15 23:23:48 UTC 2014

On 08/15/14 12:46, Polytropon wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 12:45:45 -0500, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>>> That also sounds wrong. What kind of graphics card are
>>> you actually using? Typical answers: ATI, nVidia, Intel...
>>> Follow-up question: Did you install the <name>-driver
>>> package (in case of nVidia: nvidia-driver)?
>>>

>> AMD jaguar kabini CPU, GPU on die w/ CPU, not yet supported by X.org .....
> No support with the ATI driver? That would have been my first
> guess. Anyway, "nvidia" as a driver is wrong in that case,
> and "vesa" should at least work, even if it doesn't provide
> sufficient 3D power.

xconfig didn't pick it out .... just because it's ATI doesn't mean it
supports this new gfx set. I looked on X.org, & this GPU (Kabini [Radeon
HD 8280 / R3 Series]) isn't even mentioned, & the next 2 under it are
listed as unsupported or partially supported .... No biggie, I expected
that, & would guess they'll get on that soon ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III