slapd-mdb - Memory-Mapped DB backend to slapd

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed Aug 13 18:49:17 UTC 2014

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 11:24:26 -0500, Marco Muskus stated:

>El 13/08/14 a las #4, Jerry escribió:
>>
>>Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:17:46 -0400
>>
>>I was just wondering if anyone had tried or has openldap running with MDB on
>>a FreeBSD machine. I am looking for some pointers on how to get it up and
>>running.
>
>Hi,
>
>I'm running OpenLDAP with MDB backend with success. Try installing it from
>the ports and select the MDB backend in the build options (configure).

Apparently, the default config file has both BDB & MDB checked. I would
therefore assume I have MDB compiled in. Do I now have to run "slapd-mdb"
after the system starts to get it up and running? I already have the
following in the rc.conf file:

## OPENLDAP
slapd_enable="YES"
slapd_flags='-h "ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fopenldap%2fldapi/ ldap://0.0.0.0/"'
slapd_sockets="/var/run/openldap/ldapi"

Also, I am assuming that you replaced: "database bdb" with "database mdb" in
the slapd.conf file. Did you need to make any other modifications?

Thanks

--
Jerry