tcsh login question ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Sat Aug 9 18:20:59 UTC 2014

.... when I shell into my newly minted FreeBSD 9.3 desktop, or login w/
a console login, everything under tcsh gets initialized AOK. I then
activated xdm to manage logins (I like it that way), the /ect/csh.login
file clearly does  *not* get sourced. I have many aliases, prompt
setting, & other goodies which are absent. The tcsh manpage clearly says
it will be sourced at login, what gives ?

--

	William A. Mahaffey III