it keeps crashing and I don't know why

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Fri Aug 8 16:51:27 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 10:29:11AM -0400, Brad Mettee wrote:

> You can also download bootable versions of Memtest. Burn it to a CD or
> push the image to a flash drive. In either case, it contains a mini-os
> to make the media boot and run, without need for an actual OS to be
> present on the system. When I do testing, I use this one:
> http://www.memtest.org/

So it looks like one gets a bootable Memtest86+ from the above site. I
didn't try the second one (below)....

> There is also another free one, based on same code but forked some time
> ago: http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

So I booted off the ISO, it went straight to work--no formalities
here--and crashed within 10 seconds.

It reports CPU temperature at 45 degrees (I assume celsius).

I let it reboot, and it crashed again, again within 10 seconds. It
looks like you all were correct.

--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the