pkg problem after upgrade pkg on 10.0

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 5 17:53:10 UTC 2014

On 05/08/2014 18:00, Radek Krejča wrote:
>> I think you would not have to remove the repro, pkg does everything
>> itself by using pkg update. Maybe it helps to reinstall pkg.
>> Commands:
>> # cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
>> # make deinstall
>> # make
>> # make install clean
>
> [Radek Krejca]
>
> Hello, thank you. But its still the same:
>
> pkg update
> Updating repository catalogue
> pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest/meta.txz: Not Found
> pkg: repository FreeBSD has no meta file, using default settings
> FreeBSD repository is up-to-date
> All repositories are up-to-date

After updating from pkg-1.2.7 to pkg-1.3.x I've been finding it
necessary to delete the repository catalogues and sometimes to clear out
any cached packages:

   # rm -i /var/db/pkg/repo-* /var/db/pkg/*.meta
   # pkg clean -a

You should then find that pkg will update its catalogues and start
behaving more sensibly.  Don't worry about the warning about 'no meta
file' -- that is /only/ a warning and doesn't stop pkg(8) from working.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.