printcap configuration problem

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Sun Aug 3 05:35:27 UTC 2014

> Both cases are for use with a printer that understands PostScript
> natively.  A plain LaserJet 2100 does not,
Mine does, it's the 2100tn model, has native ps level-II
http://people.virginia.edu/~cavcomp2/printers/hp/2100/2100.htm

> Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Well, my first question was: Why under the current filter setting does lpd scrape or cut 4 lines from the top? I'm able to get the hard copy the way I want it to look by increasing the top margin by 4 lines, save it as a ps file, then lpr the file from command line.

The ghostscript comment was referring to previous discussion - sorry for the confusion: If I want to print in r: 300 x 300, the only way that's going to happen is by sending it through ghostscript, if I understand correctly? How could I modify psif so that "lpr -Php2100 -r300 somefile.ps" would result in 1. check if ps 2. adjust for one of available resolution options (300 OR 600).

I hope I was a bit better at explaining this time :)