Future of pf / firewall in FreeBSD ? - does it have one ?

krad kraduk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 13:14:38 UTC 2014

that was never the problem, it was always tricky building stateful rulesets
with nat. From what i remember it was due to the state stable getting
parsed to early ie before the natting rule if your ruleset wasnt 100% puka.
It caught quite a few people out who i knew. It was over 12 years ago
though so my memory is hazy on it, but as soon as i tried pf i found it
much easier, so didn't look back.