Respecting Privacy: How To Prevent Spam

Mike Sanders tmp1 at freebsd.hypermart.net
Wed Apr 30 21:11:15 UTC 2014

Mike Sanders wrote:

> <http://staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar/mailman/mailman-administration-v2.html>
>
> Under section 'Spam-specific posting filters':
>
> Value: Hide the sender of a message, replacing it with the list address
> (Removes From, Sender and Reply-To fields)

> appears to be coming from the list itself instead of the original poster.
> Provides some added privacy for posters, but may be annoying to some list
> members as mailbox headers show only the list name instead of the
> actual poster.

Okay enough...

Because I spoke out about this, spammers are attacking my inbox
with malformed email, attachments, etc. Don't know if these messages
are turning up on the list, but someone is replying to my list messages
with email such as:

'Would you like to meet? I'll let you lick my twat'

If this list ever becomes secure look me up, I'd love to learn from you guys.

I'm out.

--
Mike Sanders
www: http://freebsd.hypermart.net