FreeBSD on Late 2013 MacBook Pro

Sean DuBois sean at siobud.com
Wed Apr 30 02:39:19 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to install FreeBSD on a Late 2013 MacBook Pro, and was
wondering if anyone else had any success OR hints at debugging. I saw
the following thread [0] and it seemed to hint that people have had
success and -CURRENT will give you a bootable FreeBSD.

If I boot the 10.0 Release memstick img it hangs at
Root mount waiting for: usbus0

And if I boot a -CURRENT img it hangs at a xhci error and it seems like
resource utilization is extremely high (computer gets hot, fans spin
etc)

thanks!

[0]  http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2014-January/047747.html