Assigning network interface to specific NIC?

Ewald Jenisch a at jenisch.at
Thu Apr 24 09:10:40 UTC 2014

Hi,

Is there a way to assign a specific hardware interface (ethernet -
broadcom) to an interface unter FreeBSD 10?

My problem: I've got a server with six GE-interfaces - four onboard
and two on an addon card. For unknown reasons FreeBSD assigns the
first two interfaces (bge0+bge1) to the addon card and the remaining
four (bge2 - bge5) to the onboard.

Since this is somewhat confusing I'd like to have bge0 - bge3 assigned
to the onboard interfaces and bge4+bge5 assigned to the addon card.

Is there any way in FreeBSD10 to set this up?

Thanks much in advance for your help,
-ewald