FBSD jail versus VMWare? What services do YOU run in a jail?

Eduardo Morras emorrasg at yahoo.es
Thu Apr 24 07:02:40 UTC 2014

On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 14:47:45 -0700
"edflecko ." <edflecko at gmail.com> wrote:

> What type of services CAN be run from within a jail?

I tried to run PostgreSQL8.4 (IIRC) in a jail under FreeBSD8.2. There were a lot of problems with SysV signals and semaphores (IIRC) and had to install it in host. Don't know if it's actually relevant.

The rest of the services installed jailed and one nice feature was different versions of *.so. in different jails, so I could upgrade one service independently of others, one of them cuda app under linuxualator.

> Thank you,
> Ed

---   ---
Eduardo Morras <emorrasg at yahoo.es>