Interrupt storm detected on irq257 ...

Zack Gold zzatkin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 12:23:10 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I'm new to the mailing lists, so I apologize if I'm doing anything
wrong here or posting to the wrong list.

I am having a severe issue with my fresh installation. My system
completely freezes with the message that is the subject of this email.
The issue is related to my network card. Here is the kind of network
card that I have on the system.

# vmstat -i
irq257: mskc0 ...
# dmesg | grep mskc0
mskc0: <Marvell Yukon 88E8055 Gigabit Ethernet> port 0x2000-0x20ff mem
0xf0000000-0xf0003fff irq 16 at device 0.0 on pci2
msk0: <Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Yukon EC Ultra Id 0xb4 Rev 0x02> on mskc0

I *am* able to get onto my network, but there seems to be an interrupt
storm occurring. I am not sure where to go from here. I was thinking
about installing some kind of network driver that would make it
perform more efficiently, but I am not sure.

Thanks,
Zack Gold