10.0 + pkgng

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Apr 19 16:00:38 UTC 2014

On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 11:51:46 -0400, Fbsd8 wrote:
> The handbook says to activate pkgng on a newly installed 10.0 system by
> first executeing /usr/sbin/pkg followed by pkg2ng. Both these programs
> issue message that you have to enter [y or n] to continue. I want to
> bury these commands in a script. There is no -y flag to bypass that
> message. What is best method to code script to answer "y" to automate
> script processing?

The answer is "yes". See "man yes" for details. Probably
you can use something like

	yes | pkg
	yes | pkg2ng

Other options are maybe "echo y | <program>" if there is
no -y for the program itself.

However, this should not be needed for all pkg operations.
For example, "pkg install" offers a -y option:

     -y  Assume yes when asked for confirmation before package installation.

It also honors the ASSUME_ALWAYS_YES setting in pkg.conf.
See "man pkg-install" for details. Note that the different
operations pkg can perform all have their own manpage. They
are listed in the "SEE ALSO" section of "man pkg".

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany