FBSD10 Atheros wifi not working

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sat Apr 19 14:34:54 UTC 2014

On 18 April 2014 05:42, Da Rock
<freebsd-questions at herveybayaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> Skipped another thought - I wouldn't have thought the laptop I have was too
> badly built, and how would the noise cause the error messages? I didn't have
> that many messages for the iwn in the m/c's prior, is it just the atheros
> chipsets? I kind of expect some reconnection issues, but the hardware reset
> messages (from 9.x) were disconcerting - these current ones are obviously
> worse.
>
> And I meant to add: where do I go now? Should I send you the logs or other
> errors?

Well, I highly recommend rebuilding with debugging in your kernel config:

* ATH_DEBUG
* AH_DEBUG
* ATH_DIAGAPI

And then figure out why you can't build the ath tools.

The output from athstats will likely be helpful.

The reset stuff is interesting - it means the NIC is taking way too
long to finish some task. Normally grabbing that lock doesn't take too
long, but something has your NIC angry.

Yes, please compile up athstats at least. :-)

-a