[kde-freebsd] KDE4 package for 10.0-RELEASE

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 19 14:19:44 UTC 2014

Tijl Coosemans <tijl at coosemans.org> writes:

> On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:25:01 -0400 David P. Caldwell wrote:
>> (Cross-posting to freebsd-questions and kde-freebsd; not sure whether
>> one is incorrect)
>>
>> When installing KDE under FreeBSD 9, I used:
>>
>> pkg_add -r kde4
>>
>> .. and that was basically everything.
>>
>> Is there any equivalent for 10.0-RELEASE that is this simple? I see a
>> ton of packages but no top-level meta-package or whatever we'd call
>> it.
>
> This is caused by the GLES option in x11/kde4-workspace being on by
> default.  It requires a newer Xorg.  Can it be turned off for the time
> being?

Actually, it's kwin that requires a Mesa version more recent than the
one shipped by default when WITH_NEW_XORG is not enabled. Since the pkg
cluster did not have this option on for FreeBSD 9 and 10, the final
metapackage was not being built.

I think this will go away with 9-STABLE and 10-STABLE after r351411
("NEW XORG ON FREEBSD 9-STABLE AND 10-STABLE").