where does uname get version number?

John aqqa11 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 18 16:59:32 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----

Sorry forgot to answer your question, someone kindly suggested I might have defined the UNAME_* vars incorrectly in /etc/profile etc, that will lead uname to report incorrect version, so asked me to look into that.  Turned out I never defined that.  So it's still a mystery where does uname get the incorrect version 9.1, while all files such as kernel etc contains 9.2.