FBSD10 Atheros wifi not working

Andrew Merenbach andrew at merenbach.com
Mon Apr 14 15:40:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

I went through this with the same messages on FreeBSD 10 the other day on my work tower, a Dell XPS 8700 (I think 8700).

I silenced the messages by and got wifi working by filling in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf and modifying /etc/rc.conf to have some stuff from <http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-wireless.html> :

wlans_ath0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"

With that said, I have intermittent disconnects and I'm not convinced I have everything configured properly. :-/

Please feel free to let me know if I may provide more info, or if corrections can be made to my solution. ;)

Best,
Andrew

Sent from my iPhone